WEMoves! Walgrove’s 9th Annual Dance and Walkathon
For our WEMoves! 9th Annual Dance & Walkathon this year, we’re using an awesome web based fundraising system called Pledgestar that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card (and PayPal!) donations online. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t!
Our WEMoves! 9th Annual Dance & Walkathon is on May 10, so please register TODAY (before spring break) to help our school raise as much as we can for Theater Arts, Physical Education, and Teacher Aides!! Each child that is registered and gets at least one online donation gets a prize! It’s SUPER easy, here’s how:
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/walgrove
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students. A few pro tips:
- You should add your child to the team that corresponds with their classroom so we can track totals by classroom.
- You can customize with a photo of your child and a personalized note (also helps to get more donations). NOTE: Your childs’ page will only be viewable to those you share it with, not by everyone.
- You will be creating one “account”/login for your family, so be sure to enter each of your children enrolled at Walgrove as participants (assigning them to their respective classrooms).
- IMPORTANT: You will need to add at least one person’s email address to create the page. You can always just add one for now and more later if you don’t want to take the time up front.
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends (that you have entered), and allows them to make secure credit card or PayPal donations online. You can also share directly from Pledgestar over social media and copy the unique URL to share directly. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. We are asking each child to set a fundraising goal of $175 so that we can reach our school wide goal of $45,000! Incentives will be announced the week after spring break.
If you are having any issues getting registered, please email email@example.com and we’ll help you out!