WEMoves! June 2
Walgrove’s 13th Annual Dance and Walkathon
We’re using an awesome web based fundraising system called Pledgestar to make it super easy for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure donations online. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t! Since we’ve only raised about half the money we do in a normal year, we can use all the help we can get!
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/walgrove
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students.
- Add your child to the team that corresponds with their classroom so we can track totals by classroom.
- You can customize with a photo of your child and a personalized note (cute faces help to get more donations). NOTE: Your child’s page will only be viewable to those you share it with, not by everyone.
- You will be creating one account/login for your family, so be sure to enter each of your kids enrolled at Walgrove as participants (assign them to their respective classrooms). The system will divide donations between kids so each class gets credit.
- IMPORTANT: You will need to add at least one person’s email address to complete the registration and create your child(ren)’s page. You can always just add one for now and more later if you don’t want to take the time up front. There are other easy ways to share in your own email or over social media, so don’t worry too much about this step.
SHARE: When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends (that you have entered), and allows them to make secure donations online. You can also share directly from Pledgestar over social media and copy the unique URL to share directly via email, text, etc.. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. We are asking each child to set a fundraising goal of $200 so that we can reach our school wide goal of $30,000! Incentives are listed on the Pledgestar page (theme park tix, a bike, PE equipment and more!)
If you are having any issues getting registered or prefer to fundraise offline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out! (you will still be eligible for the same incentives as online fundraising)