Friends of Walgrove (or F.O.W. as it is often referred to) is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization that exists to provide Walgrove Elementary with additional funds, programs, and opportunities for every student to learn and grow. Our official mission is:
- To actively raise funds and stimulate community support in order to:
- Provide quality school programs, enrichments, and other assistance for Walgrove Avenue Elementary School (“Walgrove”) students, including those programs that are beyond the Los Angeles Unified School District (“LAUSD”) allocated budget.
- Help Walgrove become a truly outstanding public school.
- To present a positive image of Walgrove in the community and raise the profile of the school through outreach, publicity, events, and personal interaction.
All donations to Friends of Walgrove go directly to providing the school with much needed support, programs, and staffing that is not supplied by LAUSD. This includes the following:
- Teachers’ Aides
- Studio Lab Program
- Physical Education Program
- P.S. Arts Program
- Musical Theater Program
- A free yearbook for every child every year
- Wildlands and Edible Garden maintenance
- Campus Beautification
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation