The Friends of Walgrove (FOW) is always looking for community members who wish to join, participate, volunteer, or contribute in any way they can. If you are interested in getting involved please let us know!
- Attend Friends of Walgrove Meetings
- Meetings are held monthly in the Parent Center (Room 14).
- Join an FOW Committee
- Community Outreach, Fundraising, Events, Green Team, Beautification, Technology, Communications, etc.
- Become a Room Parent
- The date and location of the first Room Parent Meeting will be announced in August 2018.
- Join a School Decision-Making Body: LSLC, SSC
- The Local School Leadership Council (LSLC) provides input on professional development for teachers, instructional materials, special events and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), which is the student behavior and discipline plan.
- The School Site Council (SSC) provides input on how to spend categorical funds and monitors the Single Plan for Student Achievement.
- Attend and/or Help Prepare for Special Events:
- Kid-Friendly Welcome Picnic, Adult-Friendly Welcome Bash , Chilli and Guac Cook-Off, Spooktacular Halloween Parade, Winter Concert, Holiday Boutique, Wax Museum, West Fest, Game Day, Monarch Fest, Auction, Walkathon and more!
- Attend and/or Host a Walgroovy. Walgroovies are community building fundraisers hosted by WE families where tickets are sold and 100% of admission goes to FOW. A great mix of gatherings for kids, adults & families.
- Volunteer on campus in the Edible Garden, the Wildlands and/or in classrooms.
- Donate through Ralphs
- Sign up your Ralphs Card online at www.ralphs.com. Every time you shop at Ralphs, they donate a portion of your spend to FOW. Watch a quick how-to video here.
- Donate through Amazon Smile
- Go to smile.amazon.com, set your preferred charity to Friends of Walgrove and a portion of sales will go to FOW.
Share Your Expertise:
- Do you own or work for a company that encourages community involvement?
- Do you own a restaurant that would support our special events?
- Do you have specific skills such web design, fundraising, gardening or art?
- Do you own or work for a company that matches charitable donations?
- Do you have items to donate for raffles and our yearly auction?
- Do you work for or know of a company that may be interested in a corporate sponsorship?
- Do you have fundraising knowledge or ideas to share?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share your skill set!